Friday, October 23, 2009

Second tatting attempt (PixUp)

A couple weeks ago, I blogged on Fiberlines about learning to tat. My intention is to incorporate beads and make some jewelry items. After finishing my very first tatted medallion, I dug up this pretty pearl cotton that I've had for years, and strung it with some 8/0s. I'm hoping this will turn into a bracelet and I might figure out a way to work some beadweaving into the edges. Stay tuned !

While you're waiting on pins and needles for the outcome of this project, take a look at totusmel's incredible Tatted Mask instructions on Instructables, or visit this tatting forum to meet fellow tatters.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to the finished product! Those beads are pretty! Good for you for learning to tat.

Jane Eborall said...

There are lots of ways to add beads to shuttle tatting which is the original and traditional way to tat. Not sure about needle though. If you want to see more on shuttle tatting and beads please visit the 'tips and techniques' section of my site.
http://www.e.n.e.btinternet.co.uk/

Kokopelli said...

I taught myself needle tatting awhile ago and got some instructions for adding beads. Like the thread and the beads together and can't wait to see the finished piece.