Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Triangle Earrings


I love to make beaded triangles as do many beadweavers, but when I submit items for jurying at Potomac Fiber Arts Gallery, there is a limit on what we call "like items." In other words, don't submit production work, or work that is so similar, it looks like you just cranked out a batch of the same design even if using different colors...making it a little tough on the beaded triangle addict. Hence this design which I came up with around midnight, the night before jurying. I turned the ol' triangle on its edge, added a moonstone oval drop bead and voila, a new design (for me at least). This pair went in the gallery, but I can make another just like it in case someone orders from my Etsy shop...did I mention, I LOVE TRIANGLES ???

3 comments:

AsteropeBC said...

Very nice! I love your color choice in these earrings.

vious said...

Lovely. I really like the triangular shape. I was wondering if you made earrings with stainless steel posts. I am allergic to everything else and have never found anything but gauges.

retrothreads said...

I usually buy sterling silver, but stainless steel is not a problem.