Monday, December 14, 2009

Blue agate necklace

Better photos will be coming shortly. This is a necklace that I did a couple years ago. I originally used a purchased glass leaf pendant, but everyone who saw it in my art gallery said "oooohh !!! did you make the pendant ?" After saying "no" one too many times, I vowed never to make another artist's or commercially made pendant the focal point of a piece of beadwork. It took me two years to come up with an idea that I like for another pendant.

I purchased the agate slab while on vacation in Bar Harbor, Maine the summer before, and at the last minute before gallery jury day, I decided it would work perfectly with the unadorned necklace. Feverishly working all day yesterday, going out for a few hours with a friend then staying up until 1:30 am, it was ready to visit the gallery this morning. I haven't checked yet, but I hope it was accepted and will find a new home shortly !

1 comment:

Kokopelli said...

I stopped counting how often I heard that question, even with the finest silversmithed pendants I could never make on my own.
The pendant turned out beautiful and I'm sure it'll find a new home soon.